How To Hunting Elk With Recurve Bow
Introduction Hunting Elk With Recurve Bow
Hunting is being practiced for a long time by humans. There is nothing wrong in hunting because it helps in controlling wildlife populations. People do hunting for various purposes. Some do it for fun while most of the people do it to survive and get food. It requires a lot of effort in hunting and when you are bow hunting an animal like elk then you have to increase the efforts. Bow hunting is quite popular in some parts of the US and Canada.
- THIS 62 BOW INCLUDES: B-50 Bow String and Arrow Rest
- FOR FUTURE UPGRADES: Pre-installed Brass Bushings for Brass Plunger, Stabilizer, Sight, and Quiver, WILL FIT SAMICK SAGE HUNTING KIT
- DESIGN: Limbs are Hard Maple with Black Fiberglass; Single Tapered Knob and Metal Limb Pocket Design; LIMBS CAN BE PURCHASED SEPARATELY TO INCREASE OR DECREASE WEIGHT AS NEEDED
- ECOMMENDED MAX DRAW LENGTH: 29 (suggest Samick Journey for longer draw)
- RECOMMENDED BRACE HEIGHT: 7 1/4 inch to 8 1/4 inch
Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.
Elks are also called as Wapiti and it belongs to the deer family. It is known as one of the largest species present in the deer family. Bow hunting an elk is a hard and challenging task. You will need to have some patience for successful hunting. The selection of the right bow is the most important step before you start to think about hunting. There are varieties of bows like takedown, compound, long, yumi etc. But are they perfect for bow hunting? The best choice a hunter can make is choosing a recurve bow. There is a pistol-style grip which makes it easier to handle and shoot Elks. Also, it is widely popular among hunters so this would be perfect for you.
Hunting Elks with Recurve Bow
Recurve bows are easy to shoot and fast. Make sure that the bow should not weigh more than 5lbs. The first step towards hunting begins from planning. Without planning, nobody can hunt successfully. Whether you will require an outfitter or you will hunt with your friends or family members? Take the right decisions. Choose the licensed outfitter and do a proper investigation on him. Don’t do the mistake of trusting him blindly. Before going to hunt, check if you have taken all the necessary equipment. If you are a beginner, then you need to practice first.
There are certain ways and tips given below that should be followed while bow hunting with recurve bow.
Check your Recurve bow
1) Your recurve bow must be a silent killer. It must not produce unnecessary voice. Your prey can easily run away after listening to the sound of drawing the string on your bow. Thus, it will result in the wastage of time. I hope you have understood why it is important to choose the right bow. Recurve bows are specially designed and specifically made from silent materials so you don’t have to worry. Moreover, you have to be physically strong and mentally prepared to shoot at the right time. Elks live in a forest and forest-edge habitat so it is essential for you to be physically fit.
Drawing Weight For Bow Hunting When Hunting elk with Recurve Bow
2) Drawing weight also matters when it comes to bow hunting. A hunter should choose the bow having the drawing strength of more than 40lbs. This helps to kill your prey easily. With this drawing strength, the bow will pierce elk’s body and go deep into it. This drawing weight is suitable for every male hunter. If you think you are too strong and can handle more drawing weight then it’s fine. You can go for recurve bows having more drawing weights. For a beginner, a recurve bow with 40-45 lbs of drawing weight is right.
Check Your Equipment
3) Elk hunters can increase their chance of success by trying to comprehending elk’s language like High-pitched bugle, Glunking, Whiny squeak, etc. Experienced hunters always use bugle to find herds on public land. This is one of the best methods to locate the distant herds of elks. Getting too closer to them isn’t your cup of tea. Keep at least a distance of 20 yards to shoot effectively.
Long Recurve Bow
4) Long recurve bows play a significant role in hunting. When the length of the bow is longer, the accuracy of your shots are higher. The length of your recurve bow must be greater than 58 inches. The longer it is, the better it is for you.
5) An experienced hunter knows how difficult it is to transport 60+ inches of bow safely. Sometimes limbs of the bow bent and it can even break. You have to be careful about transporting. Thus, ease of transport is important and must be considered a factor here.
Hide Your Scent When Hunting Elk with Recurve Bow
6) Stay away from the use of scents that ruin your hunting game. Using an elk scent imitator will bring elks closer to you. You can also use unscented soaps and shampoo. If you like to apply deodorant them make sure it is unscented.
Finding Right Location When hunting Elk with Recurve Bow
7) Standing at the right place at the right time will increase your chances of hunting the Elk. Know the terrain quite well even when you know every corner of that area. Wilds of elk country experience frequent changes due to tree-falls. Find the places where you can hide yourself. Visit the hunting place before Elks reach.
|TOPARCHERY Archery 56" Takedown Hunting 50lbs Recurve Bow Metal Riser Right Hand Black Longbow||Buy Now|
|PSE Pro Max Takedown Recurve Bow Package Set||Buy Now|
|Gonex Takedown Recurve Bow, Hunting Archery Bow Long Bow for Beginner, 56" Right Handed Longbow 40 45 50lb Bow for Adults with Bow String,Black||Buy Now|
|JEKOSEN 2019 Eagle Eye Wooden Takedown Archery Recurve Bow 62" Hunting Bow- Include Back Arrows Quiver Bag and Bow Stringer Tool Right & Left Hand 25-60LBS Draw Weight||Buy Now|
|TOPARCHERY Traditional Recurve Bow 53'' Archery Hunting Handmade Horse Bow Longbow 30 lbs||Buy Now|
|KESHES Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow and Arrow - 62 Archery Bow for Teens and Adults, 15-55lb Draw Weight - Right and Left Handed, Archery Set, Bowstring Arrow Rest Stringer Tool Sight||Buy Now|
|Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow 50lb||Buy Now|
|SXIYA Archery Recurve Bow, Takedown Recurve Bow with Arrow Sets for Adult, 40 lbs Right Hand Archery Hunting Long Bow Kit||Buy Now|
|Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow 35lb||Buy Now|
|Samick Sage Takedown Recurve Bow 45lb||Buy Now|
|TOPARCHERY Archery Takedown Recurve Bow Hunting Long Bow Set Alloy Riser - Right Hand Black - Draw Weight 30lbs 40lbs - with Arrow Sight, Arrow Brush (Black, 40lbs)||Buy Now|
|HYF Takedown Recurve Bow Package R3,Ready to Shoot Archery Set for Adults (Forest camo, 50lbs) (Forest camo, 50lbs) (Forest camo, 50lbs)||Buy Now|
|SinoArt Falcon 60" Takedown Hunting Recurve Bow Metal Riser 30 35 40 45 50 55 60 65 70 Lbs Black/Camo Right Handed||Buy Now|
|Samick SAS Sage Premium 62" Takedown Recurve Bow with Stringer (40lbs, Right)||Buy Now|
|Black Hunter Takedown Recurve Bow, 60" Archery Bow for Hunting & Practice - Beginner to Intermediate (40 lb, Right Hand)||Buy Now|
Product prices and availability are accurate as of the date/time indicated and are subject to change. Any price and availability information displayed on [relevant Amazon Site(s), as applicable] at the time of purchase will apply to the purchase of this product.Prices pulled from the Amazon Product Advertising API on:
Shooting at the right time
8) Be prepared to shoot at the right time. Have patience for the right time to come and then shoot the Elk. It would be hard to make the bow insert into the vital organs while attacking from the front.
Practice Made Perfect
9) Apart from all these tips and methods, practicing is the most important thing. Because of this, you will not miss your shoot. Practice shooting in different positions and places. Stand on knee and practice shooting with your archery equipment. Shoot while hiding behind the branches and bush. The more you practice, the more you will get perfect in shooting Elks.
Use Your Sense When hunting elk with recurve bow
10) Learn to find Elks. You have to use your ears, eyes, and nose. Try to listen to Elks from a distance as mentioned in the third point. It’s up to you how you tackle the herds. If they will run away then you have to wait for another day.
Even an experienced hunter fails a lot of time. Beginners should not try to give up while hunting. There are plenty of things to learn. Also, September is the best month to do bow hunting Elk. Undoubtedly, if you love hunting then this recurve bow will enhance your joy of hunting. Wanna try hunting with recurve bow in the upcoming September?